Monday, April 16, 2012

Chicken Legs and Thighs become More Popular

Finding this out has been devastating to me... for years I've reveled in the fact that the general American public pays little to no attention to the legs and thighs of chicken for sale in the supermarket... my favorite parts to eat that, until now, were much cheaper then the breast meat. I love dark meat. It tastes better, has more flavor, and makes for a juicy/inexpensive meal. Most of my chicken recipes are for dark meat. Well, it looks like cooking shows/networks have been touting the meat as more flavorful and a possible influx of people from other countries has also contributed to the increase sale in dark meat. This is great for chicken producers as they get more money for these cuts now and it's horrible news for me... who was saving buying these cuts on the regular. There's more research about.. CLICK HERE to read more in the Wall Street Journal.